Save the Date! Virtual Town Hall Meetings
Kentucky 811 is hosting three virtual town hall meetings over the next few months to review and discuss new law changes that will be implemented on January 1, 2022. If you are interested in attending to learn more about the law changes, please save the date for Tuesday, Nov. 16, Thursday, Dec. 2 and Wednesday, Jan. 12. Stay tuned for more information about the virtual town hall meetings and law changes!
Kentucky 811 Celebrates 8/11 Day
The Kentucky 811 team was busy celebrating 8/11 Day this year! The team traveled to all corners of Kentucky to spread the safe digging message to homeowners, industry professionals and all Kentuckians. The team secured media interviews, presented to industry stakeholders, networked with the public, and more:
- Secured interviews on several radio stations in Central Kentucky.
- Attended and had a booth at “Thursday Night Live”, a monthly street festival in downtown Lexington, in conjunction with Columbia Gas of Kentucky.
- Distributed 811 goodie bags to golfers in the Louisville area.
- Presented about safety and damage prevention at the Kentucky Telephone Association’s annual meeting.
- Secured a live news broadcast from the 811 Outdoor Weather Garden on WAVE 3 News in Louisville.
Spreading the Word About 811
With the recent implementation of Exactix, Kentucky 811’s online ticketing system, we would like to remind all industry stakeholders of the correct use of graphics and slogans when promoting the 811 Before You Dig message. Always remember:
- Use the slogan “Know What’s Below. 811 Before You Dig.” as opposed to “Know What’s Below. Call Before You Dig.”
- Use our updated 811 Before You Dig logos, which can be found on the marketing page of the Kentucky 811 website under “Creative Resources.”
- A good rule of thumb is to remember that we are phasing out the word “call” to encourage online ticket submission through Exactix.
Register Now for the 2021 MWDPTC
Register now for the 9th annual Midwest Damage Prevention Training Conference, happening Nov. 10-12 in idyllic French Lick, Indiana!
Join hundreds of damage prevention professionals, such as facility operators, locators, emergency officials, excavators, regulators, engineers and more, for a week filled with the perfect mix of educational and networking opportunities.
This year’s event will feature various educational sessions taught by subject matter experts, as well as keynote speakers Josh Bliell and Ricky Rollins. You won’t want to miss networking opportunities on Nov. 10, such as horseback riding through the rolling hills of Indiana’s countryside, the annual golf tournament at French Lick Resort’s Donald Ross Course, and clay pigeon shooting at West Baden Stables.
Visit www.Midwest811Conference.com to learn more or register today! Interested in sponsor or exhibitor opportunities at this year’s conference? Contact us!